Make Sure Everyone Is Fine
Car accidents vary in severity quite a bit. Check in with everyone in your vehicle to see if any injuries were sustained. You should also talk with everyone in the other vehicle to see if they are all right. Even if an injury seems minor, it may still be wise to contact an ambulance so people can get medical attention.
What Comes Next?
Once you are certain of everyone’s well-being, here is what you do next.
- Do not leave
- Take pictures of the scene
- Move vehicles to the side of the road if they are still in good enough condition
- Call the police to file a report
- Talk to the other driver while keeping emotions in check
- Do not admit that you were at fault
- Exchange contact information
- Exchange insurance information
- Talk to witnesses who saw the collision
- Let your insurance provider know what happened
By taking the essential actions, everyone will be able to get through this time with minimal hassle. To speak with a car accident attorney, contact The Law Office of Bruce S. Meth today.