San Diego has many great attorneys. However, every personal injury case will be unique. The best personal injury attorney in San Diego is the one who will take the time to review your case, who is knowledgeable about personal injury law, and who is knowledgeable about your injury in particular. If you have been hurt, consider speaking to the personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Bruce S. Meth in San Diego, California.
Accidents are one of the leading causes of injury and death among California residents. Slip and fall, workplace accidents, and car accidents all lead to injury and death in San Diego, California. Car accidents are among the leading causes of death and injury. According to the California Highway Patrol, 3,126 people were killed, and another 230,904 people were injured in car accidents in 2014 alone.
Individuals who have been hurt due to another person’s negligence or neglect have certain rights under the law. For example, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. Victims of personal injury accidents in San Diego, California may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim. Under California’s statute of limitations law, for personal injury claims, individuals have two years in order to file a lawsuit. In certain situations involving governmental entities, you may only have six months to file your claim. The Law Offices of Bruce S. Meth are personal injury lawyers in San Diego, California who work with victims and families in the aftermath of accidents. Our firm can work with you to help you seek the best possible compensation under the law.
What Should You Do After a Personal Injury Accident in San Diego?
The aftermath of a personal injury accident can be stressful and confusing for victims and families. If you have suffered a serious or life-altering injury, you may have to miss time from work, may be struggling to adjust to lifestyle changes, and may wonder how you will make ends meet. It is important to understand the steps you should take after a personal injury accident both to protect your health and wellbeing, and also to protect your rights. Here are some things to consider:
- Seek medical care. Some injuries, like traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder may not be immediately apparent in the aftermath of an accident. The signs of traumatic brain injury can take days or weeks before they are noticed. Some kinds of internal bleeding may not be detected by emergency personnel or ambulance personnel. Always, go to the emergency room after an accident. Doctors can assess your situation and offer a proper diagnosis. It is also important that you follow up with doctors as instructed. Doing so will ensure that you not only receive the best care possible, but that you will also have medical documentation available
should you later need to make a personal injury claim.
- Gather contact information of witnesses and negligent parties. If anyone witnessed your injury, take down their contact information. If you fell on a property, get the name and insurance information of the property owner. If you were hurt in a car accident, get the name, contact information, and insurance information of the other driver.
- Take photos. Whether you were injured in a slip and fall or a car accident, take photos of the scene of your accident. Most people carry around phones with cameras. Make sure to take the time to document the scene of your accident.
- Visit a personal injury law firm in San Diego, California. The Law Offices of Bruce S. Meth are personal injury attorneys who can review the facts of your case, identify all possible negligent parties, and help you fight to receive the recovery you may deserve under the law. It could take some time to reach a settlement and you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim. Act now.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident in San Diego, it is important to protect your rights. You may be wondering, “who is the best injury attorney in San Diego?” Find the best lawyer to handle your case today. Speak to the qualified personal injury lawyers in San Diego at the Law Offices of Bruce S. Meth today.
Common Personal Injuries in San Diego
Different types of accidents can result in diverse kinds of injuries. For example, slip and fall accidents can result in back and neck injuries and traumatic brain injury, while car accidents can result in a host of injuries including spinal cord injury, back injury, traumatic brain injury, and more. What are some common personal injuries? And what can you do to protect yourself if you’ve suffered a personal injury in San Diego?
- Back and neck injuries. Most people experience back pain at some point in their lives. However, if you’ve been in an accident, your back problems could be worsened. In some cases, an accident can lead to people experiencing back problems for the first time. Serious injuries can result in spinal cord damage which can be a life-altering injury. Back injuries can be incredibly costly. It is important to seek proper medical attention and consider speaking to a qualified personal injury lawyer in San Diego, if you’ve been hurt.
- Traumatic brain injury. According to the Centers for Disease Control, in 2010 2.5 million people suffered traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injury is one of the leading reasons why people end up in hospitals in the U.S. Sometimes traumatic brain injury isn’t immediately diagnosed after a crash. If you have suffered memory changes, mood changes, problems sleeping, or other difficulties after an accident, consider speaking to a qualified injury lawyer in San Diego.
- Whiplash. If you’ve been in a car accident, you could also suffer from whiplash. New studies indicate that some of the symptoms of whiplash may be associated with traumatic brain injury. Seek medical care as soon as possible if you’ve been hurt.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident due another person’s neglect or negligence, you have certain rights under the law. Contact the Law Offices of Bruce S. Meth located in San Diego, California, today. Our caring and compassionate injury lawyers are here to help.San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys and Lawyers